Turkey, Bean and Vegetable Chili
This chili is full of veggies and protein. It’s packed with flavor and has mild, pleasant heat (unless you decide to kick it up a notch!).
1 pound ground turkey (or chicken or beef)
1 med onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic clove, minced
2 ,medium carrots, diced
2 medium stalks celery, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 orange pepper, diced
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional if you want it spicy
32oz, low sodium chicken broth
2 jars Due Cellucci Traditional sauce
15.5 oz can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
15.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Brown turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it’s not longer pink and cooked through.
- Mix in about half of the spice mixture (chili, paprika, cumin, oregano & optional cayenne). Turn off heat and set aside.
- Coat a large pot (I like to use my cast iron pot) with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add carrots, celery and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining spice mixture (chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, & optional cayenne).
- Add cooked turkey to pot and mix together.
- Stir in broth, both types of beans and Traditional sauce; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring about every 5 minutes until the chili thickens to your desired consistency about 35-40 minutes.