Taco Tuesday or any night! Tacos are a great choice for a quick dinner. Adding tomato sauce at the end is a great way to add texture.
2 tbsp of olive oil.
1 lb ground turkey (or beef), at room temperature if possible.
1 med/large onion, fine dice.
2-3 cloves garlic, minced.
3 teaspoons taco seasoning.
1 tsp each additional of cumin and oregano.
1 can of your choice: Black, Kidney or Pinto Beans. Rinsed and drained.
2 cups of Due Cellucci TraditionalSauce.
1. Heat oil and sauté onions for 2-3 minutes, until soft. Add minced garlic
and sauté some more.
2. Add in ground meat and brown, crumbling meat as you cook, about 5-8 minutes.
3. Add in all dry seasonings and continue cooking and breaking meat apart.
4. Add in drained beans and mix well.
5. Add in Due Cellucci Sauce and stir well.
Cover and keep warm.
Serve in hard-shell tacos or soft warmed tortillas. Garnish as desired. If not using taco meat right away, hold off adding in tomato sauce until you warm up meat on another night.