Penne with Pesto and Sautéed Chicken
This is a favorite at our home. Everyone loves to eat it and the person cooking loves how easy it is to make! It’s one of those perfect dishes to make when you haven’t planned anything and you need dinner on the table fast.
1 lb Penne Pasta
1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast, cut into pieces (you can also mix or sub with sausage)
1 container Due Cellucci Basil Pesto
Grated Parmigiano Cheese
Optional: 1 small onion or 2-3 garlic cloves
1. Cook pasta as directed in well salted boiling water (make sure the water tastes salty otherwise your pasta will lack flavor). Be sure to save some of the pasta water to use later before straining the pasta.
2. Warm pesto sauce over low heat. You can add a little olive oil to it while warming up.
3. While pasta is cooking sauté chicken in a skillet pan. (Optional: Sauté onion or garlic before chicken to add additional flavor). You can use a little chicken broth to deglaze the pan and soak up all that good flavor stuck to the pan.
4. Toss the pasta, chicken and pesto together in the skillet over low heat. Use a little of the reserved pasta water if it’s drying up.
5. Mix in parmigiano cheese and serve.